work with US
WE CURRENTLY HAVE vacancies
Mons Cheesemongers is a small business working in sales of farmhouse and traditional cheese from France and Switzerland. We wholesale to an increasing number of restaurants, food halls and independent shops across the UK. We are looking for a full-time wholesale assistant to join our team.
full time vacancy - wholesale assistant
The position available is to assist in all aspects of the wholesale department, based at our warehouse in Bermondsey. Four days each week will be spent in preparation and packing of cheese orders. One day a week will be spent working with our team at one of our Retail sites to gain greater knowledge of the cheeses. This role is an opportunity to learn about the production, selection and maturation of cheese. Sharing our love of cheese is the most essential criteria for success.
Responsibilities - Wholesale (4 days per week)
· Managing orders, invoicing and answering queries relating to cheese and/or logistics etc.
· Preparing and packing cheese orders for despatch to wholesale customers
· Cleaning and maintaining orderliness of the warehouse in compliance with our systems and HACCP
Responsibilities - Retail (1 day per week)
· Sales of cheese to our customers at one of our Retail sites.
· Building displays and taking care of cheese on the stall so that it reaches the customer’s plate in the best condition
· Cleaning and maintaining orderliness of the stall in compliance with our systems and HACCP
Required Skills and Qualities
· A love of cheese and interest in how it is made and moved from production to plate
· Transferable experience in the food & drink industry is preferred
· Good communication: excellent verbal and written English. Spoken French is an advantage.
· Good IT Skills required
· Attention to detail, reliability, positivity and professionalism are all essential qualities
· A full, clean UK driving license and experience driving in London is preferred
· Full time position over 5 days each week including Saturdays
· Working outdoors, in all weathers, lifting heavy cheese and equipment
· Permanent position requiring a minimum commitment of 1 year
To apply please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications 30th November 2017